Gretchen Hall Scholarship
The Rev. Gretchen Hall, of Peaks Island, Maine, was an early member of the The New England Women Ministers Association (NEWMA). She served as the group’s Historian for many years and was an active member for more than 50 years.
In her memory, NEWMA has established the Gretchen Hall Scholarship for New England women pursuing education for Christian Ministry.
Applicants are women who are
- Permanent residents of a New England State
- Studying for an M.Div or higher degree
- Enrolled, or accepted for study, at an accredited New England seminary.
- Planning to begin or continue a ministry in New England.
- Apply by November 30th – Click here for application
Eligibility for ordination is not a requirement.
The Scholarship is for $300, to be used toward tuition or required books. A one year NEWMA membership is an added benefit.
The Recipient will be notified by January 15th, and the scholarship presented at the NEWMA Luncheon.
Again this year NEWMA will be awarding two $300 scholarships to two very deserving students. Our 2012 recipients are Barbara Otto and Patricia Stratton.